Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Saying Yes to life

I have been associated with LIYA - Life Yessense Academy for about 2 years and have met many people with extreme positivity towards life. Two days back I came across a friend, Tanweer Alam, from my college REC Warangal and everything else seemed so small. This friend of mine is suffering from cancer and is being treated in CMC Vellore.

Last time I met him in Lifestyle, Begumpet, Hyd when he got admission in IIMB. Though we were not very close friends, we interacted casually while having coffee. I had a pony tail at that time, so he did make some funny comments :-) He mentioned his mail-id and it was very funny. I don't remember exactly, but it had some words like pagla.. baawra etc. Two days back I was just going through blog pages of my friends in orkut friend list and something caught my eye. it was the word "chemo". I had never though I will find reference to this word in relation with any of my acquaintances. I started reading further. Though it was clear, I was not able to accept the fact and kept on reading further just to make sure that my understanding is not incorrect. Yes, he is suffering from cancer. He has been putting every details on blog pages, every day. How it was caught.. how it was ignored initially.. how the treatment started.. what all happened in each stage of treatment... the caustic nature of medicines... side effects of treatment.... effect of the ailment itself... etc etc. And he is accepting everything with so much of positivity, God is bound to bless him and he would walk out of his hospital.

If people start taking life with so much of positivity, life will become a bliss. If you get a chance, do read at http://baawara.blogspot.com and pray God for his fast recovery.

His story reminds me of another person Morris Goodman. If you can manage some more time, please read at http://www.themiracleman.org/index2.htm and watch the movie sometime.

May God bless Tanweer.

2 comments:

Alam said...

Hey Thanks for your Wishes
:-)
Cheers
Alam

Annjelyn Shalvina said...

Hi Prabhat... saw his blog. very touching... And yes he will definitely get better. Everyones prayers are with him...