Saturday, February 10, 2007

Motivation

Date: 10-Feb-2007
Time: 10:00PM

As usual, I had ISP class from 5:00PM to 8:30PM. I finished the class and was coming back with Vaibhav Mathur (one of my friends and an ISP participant too) and his wife, Pooja. Pooja was asking me about how to keep the motivation up to practice whatever parents learn in ISP. My answer was, one can observe small small changes in life, especially with their children. These changes will keep their life alive! Then she shared one experience of hers. It happened today only. Her son (little more than one year) got up in the morning started talking something. Then they took him to bathroom for su-su. After that, the child said," papa... potty.. bathroom". They got worried that this guy has already done potty as was his habit earlier. They checked and found it otherwise. Then, they took him to bathroom and made him sit there and the child did potty. Both Vaibhav and Pooja were so happy that they could change this habit to a good one using techniques they learned in ISP.

They had earlier shared with me that there son use to cry when they used to go to office. Now, after practicing for just one week, when they say that they are going to office, he says bye and closes the door behind. Not only that, he doesn't cry after that as he used to do earlier.

I was sharing with them what keeps me motivated. Parents like Vaibhav and Pooja call me and share their experiences and joy with me. After listening to such experiences, I feel I am really doing a good job, and not wasting my and others time, in the society by spending time and spreading the knowledge that I got from Raviji and Gayathri Ma. Many parents attend the program and go back and forget everything. I feel, even if they get just 1% also and do something good for their child, I have done a good job. This motivates me to go further and call them and motivate them further by reminding them about higher possibilities.

I know, I haven't been able to spread the knowledge to the extent I had thought of. But, this is not the end of it. I take it as just started. I am sure, I will be able to reach to bigger group of parents and share this knowledge with them and motivate them to develop the future generation in better and better ways possible.

cheers

Reference:
1. More details about ISP can be found at http://infant-ssy-program.blogspot.com
2. Next batch of ISP is starting in Hyderabad on Mar-4-2007. Interested parents can get in touch with me at 98490 76190.

No comments: