Monday, February 19, 2007

I am selfish !!!

Yesterday I was little upset as my last two classes didn't go very well. I was upset by seeing attendance of participants. I started feeling, why the hell I am doing all these things for people who are least bothered about it. In the start of the class itself, I got disturbed and couldn't carry it forward very well.

I went back to Raviji and shared my feelings with him. He thought for a while. Then he asked me why is it disturbing me; Why am I doing these programs; for whom I am doing this etc etc. My first answer was "I want people to know about the great knowledge about child development". Then, Raviji asked me to think again and answer. I thought for a while. My mission for this program was I will make everyone around me know about this knowledge before my child comes in this world. Ravij said, "yes, you are doing it for yourself, and for no one else. You want to improve yourself and that's why you are taking these classes regularly. So, how does it matter as how many people are coming to your classes? Even if one person comes, it is nice to see that at least this person has come to learn. If you can help him and he in turn helps you to learn further, isn't that wonderful?" After haring to all these things, I was quiet. I was thinking. Yes, this is very true. I am very selfish and I see my benefit even in helping others. and, I am proud of it.

Later in the night, I was thinking why people get married. Normal thinking is, they will make each other's life better. But, I think it is little different. people get married to make their life better with the help of other person. And this is true for both the partners. If people get married with this thought, I am sure rest of the life will be a true joyride. This is my thought and it doesn't mean I have followed this all through my life. No, I was fool earlier and spoilt lot of time in discussing with my wife about expectations etc etc. But, now I am awake and see this relationship in new light. I married her just make my life better. And the sooner she realizes this, the earlier we will feel blessed. Well, I will take care of my part that I am not intending to help or change her. Let her find the help for her from my life. Nevertheless, humans are social animals and social life does require helping, encouraging etc each other time to time. This makes life easier and enjoyable.

All said and done, I am selfish and I am proud of it.

2 comments:

Sandeep Kumar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandeep Kumar said...

Thanks,
those were nice words of wisdom.
Think Big .. problem is THINK . then comes BIG. We think rarely and when we do, we dont do it enough or rarely implement it.

Now to whats written above the comments section "All said and done, I am selfish and I am proud of it." is very true as only following it are we humans at top of this world. Its simply follows the Darwin's principle because no matter how much rules and regulations (call it civilization) we coat ourselves with, essentially we need to follow the rules set by mother Nature. We need to be selfish in a way to improve ourselves . If is such a course, we help others too then its even better.