Friday, May 23, 2008

A Decade Passed!

Someone called up last week and congratulated me. When I asked, he said, "we completed 10 years since we left REC Warangal". A decade passed !!!


It is a decade passed since I completed B Tech and entered into real world. When I look back, there are many events and tons of changes took place. I tried to look for ones that make me stand out of the crowd:

* I have changed job only once and still with the second job for 7+ years.
* Being in IT for about 10 years, I never earned a foreign salary. Though, some allowances at times did come through.
* I jumped into social sector and got associated with the child development workshop, ISP. For last 3 years, I am enjoying explore new possibilities in this field.
* Started with a venture that is totally different from "IT" : A school for children, Ankur Rishikul Vidyalaya.
* I missed to attend marriage functions of all the RECW friends. I feel so bad about it.
* I haven't traveled for a visit to any new place in India (except the metros). I feel pathetic about it.
* I have a flat tummy yet !!!!!

Now, what do I want to achieve in next decade:
* Retire from IT!
* Have a progressing business : Both city and residential schools
* Visit at least 10 new places in India along with my better half.
* Take full family to Vaishnav Devi yatra.
* Ensure that I attend some kind of training every 3-4 months.
* Have couple of other business rolling. Ideas are welcome !
* Have a taste of farming.
* Have an average income of Rs 1 Crore/month. (Corrected after seeing the inflation numbers and some other factors)
* Maintain my flat tummy !!!!!


I will keep adding whenever I get some new idea. If you can throw some more possibilities, please do comment.

8 comments:

Annjelyn Shalvina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annjelyn Shalvina said...

Congrats!!!. A decade huh...

nice to see resolutions in your post. You missed one - Go to Fiji with your better half!!! :) BTW how much do you earn now :) with respect to your aim... I'm completely clueless about Indian Market :)

Nice post...

Prabhat said...

Thanks Angel!
In next decade, I wouldn't miss to visit Fiji with Sumi. I am interested in Turtle Island.

How much do I earn - good question. I have kept a very high vision not by my capacity, rather by my requirement. Else, how will I complete other resolutions !!!

Sandeep Kumar said...

after 10 years, I will be most likely at your position .
* may be 1 job changed,
* no foreign placements,
* change of domain or atleast 1 additional domain besides IT,
* keep attending marriages (therein I differ)
* visit places - that I do and I differ here too.
* tummy part - is not flat and wont be flat in another 6 years .. :)

Sandeep Kumar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandeep Kumar said...

about Hyd: its not that I hate the place but in the last 4 years I have built an ecosystem here in Bangy which makes me survive and I fear to break it.

Sandeep Kumar said...

and the final part .. 5 Lacs a month.. given the inflation and India's growth I think you should have thought a higher figure..
Just compare what you got in 98 with that in 08 and use a similar factor . I believe the amount will be much more than 5 lacs a month that just 60L pa..

Prabhat said...

Thanks for the comments Sandy.
I realize now that the number would be really very small. I will make fresh calculations and edit the post.