Friday, January 19, 2007

2007 - A new start

I have been associated with an NGO (LIYA - Life Yessense Academy) for about 1.5 years and working with them educating young parents of our society. Human life that starts with a single cell, develops and grows inside the mother's womb and then comes out to face the world when it is ready to do so. This new life has got immense potential at that moment that starts reducing the moment it comes out; Or call it when the child takes birth. How??? That's a very good question. We can understand this by comparing our current learning abilities with that when we were children. Can you ever forget "Twinkle Twinkle little star...". But, you can always forget what you learned in college. So, capacity is reducing day by day and when it becomes zero, we name it death.

Coming back on track, I have been learning lots and lots of things related to child development. There is huge amount of possibilities with children and we just need to explore them. Most of the time, we have stop ourselves to "not" to stop the child going on the right path! Name of the program is "Infant SSY Program" or "The Joy of Parenting". More details on this program cen be found at http://infant-ssy-program.blogspot.com.

Since last 1.5 years, I have met many parents who implemented the concepts with their children and their children are doing wonders. This possibility gives me the strength to go ahead and spread the knowledge more and more. I have committed to conduct the classes on weekly basis throughout the year.

With all this things happening around me, a very vague dream started taking life. I always wanted to contribute something to the society in such a way that satisfies me too. Whatever I am doing is not enough. This faces a problem when these children go to school and face the so-called "modern education" and end up spoiling their lives. There are schools where good concepts are being used. But, is the sufficient? Without analysis also I can say, a big no. At the start of 2007 I thought, I will do something different and new this year. I have been thinking about it and talking with Sumita (My wife) also. On Jan-14, we were sitting and watching TV. While talking about her job hunt and other possibilities, we took a different direction. We started thinking about going for a business, instead of looking for a job. Initially, she was not sure and scared too. We discussed little more and started considering this as a good opportunity. This has changed our life recently.

Yes, we decided to open a school for children in Hyderabad. Schoold would be "Rishikul Vidyalaya" in collaboration with "METs Rishikul Vidyalaya, Mumbai". We went to Raviji and expressed our thoughts and decision. He appreciated and provided us some more guidance. At the end of the discussion, he asked us to write our (both me and my wife) commitments on paper. This will strengthen our commitments further.

So, Sumita has almost dropped her idea of taking up any "regular" job and we are going to open school in Hyderabad. I wish ourselves the very best of luck. Amen.

No comments: